We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Walton Summit may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page frequently to ensure that you are happy with any changes. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes. This policy is effective from 12th May 2018.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communication from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications or share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information about you and your vehicle when you engage with our website or applications. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for. The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Name (including title)
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Vehicle information (including registration number, VIN, service reminders, mileage and warranty repair information
- The date and time you used our services
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for
- Your IP address
- The internet browser and devices you are using
- The website address from which you accessed our website
- Details of any transactions between you and us.
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email address), fleet size and company details (some of which we may obtain from an online or public business directory)
- Voice recordings of calls you make to our customer service centre
- Any information within correspondence you send to us
GOOGLE ANALYTICS & RE-MARKETING
Our websites use Google analytics and Google’s re-marketing technology. This technology enables users who have already visited our online services and shown interest in our services to see targeted advertising on Google partner network websites. Likewise, users that are similar to the visitors of our websites can be addressed. The advertising will be displayed through the use of web cookies. Using cookies, the user behaviour on a website can be analysed and subsequently utilised to provide targeted product recommendations and advertising based on the user’s interests.
We may collect the following information via any of the site’s input forms:
- Your name and job title
- Contact information including email address and telephone
- Your address and postcode
- Subscriptions to our email newsletter
Any email address data collected is never passed on to any third parties. If you do not wish to receive email newsletters from ourselves, please leave the subscribe option unticked when submitting any contact forms.
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
Walton Summit will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
- Consent – Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you. We may also with your agreed permission share your personal information with our recommended third-party partners, so that they can contact you with marketing information about their products and services.
Please note you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or calling us on 01772 334006 or by using the unsubscribe option included in any marketing messages you receive.
- Contractual performance – We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us or our authorised selected partners.
- Legitimate Interest – We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interest as a business to do so.
- Processing necessary to support customers – To fulfil your requests to respond to correspondence for example arrange test drives, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles and to provide vehicle support and services. This includes sending marketing information from time to time about the product or service you have purchased from us. To identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our website or electronic mail and to administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us and to distribute prizes. To inform you of our opening or closing details. To also verify the accuracy of the information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer. For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access. To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights, for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this in order to be able to comply with your request. To inform you of updates to our terms, conditions and policies.
- Legal obligation – We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements for example to register you vehicle with the DVLA.
- Vital Interest – Sometimes we will need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall and we need to tell you about it.
HOW DO WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION?
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with our partners Fiat Professional, IVECO, Isuzu and our third-party suppliers who fulfil business activities for us like roadside assistance, marketing, vehicle hire, events and market research etc. This is in order to fulfil orders, transactions, handle complaints or provide you with a service or information that you have requested. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated none specific data sets where ever possible.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure by taking steps to ensure that any third-party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, do not tick the box to indicate that you want your email address to be used by for email marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for email marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to the address given below or by emailing us
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
We hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We will hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims. Our relationship may end for a number of reasons including when the vehicle lease or warranty expires, or we have been made aware that you no longer own or drive that vehicle.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, test drive, brochure, quotation or any other information on any of our products or services, we hold your personal information for 2 years from the date we collected that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you e.g. you purchase or lease a vehicle. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are when:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period or delete it sooner.
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query.
- You exercise your right to be forgotten and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law.
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information.
You have several rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and where applicable to help us search for your personal information. We will respond to you within 30 days after we have received your request.
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Correct and update your information.
- Withdraw your consent.
- Object to the use of your information where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information, provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing. We will always comply with your right to object.
- Erase your information, provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information.
- Transfer your information in a structured data file.
You can exercise the above rights and or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
By post: Walton Summit Truck Centre Ltd, Unit 211, Walton Summit Road, Bamber Bridge, Preston, PR5 8AQ
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 01772 334 006
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
By Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Whycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
By email: email@example.com
By Phone: 0303 123 1113